Sunday, January 24, 2010

What I Am Learning in Taiwan

I went to some members home and had dinner in their home ;) We have walked most places as of late. The member family Chu is a doctor and teaches at the university Tzu Chi the Beth and the girl that taught with her Natalie last time did a lot with this family because one of Natalie family member baptized their family. They live on campus in like a cooking dorm set up I believe that many that teach or work at the university do the same. The university and Beth tells me that ground that covers this campus is made all recycling materials so the ground sparkles with glass we believe. Taiwan is very big you have to recycle everything you get fine if they find it in the trash too. Then food is composted back into the gardens something that I am still getting the hang of is it real trash or not. They have toilets but you don’t put any paper down the it goes in the trash so I’ll leave it there ;) At the members home I learned that when you eat it is rude to not hold your bowl up to your face so I guess that I will be rude because that is not possible for me to physically do ;) I am trying everything they serve I had some kind of fish halibut or cod would be my guess. They speak English and were nice about the eating thing when I told them about being born with CP. They had some single adults over and the sister missionaries to eat and then we watch a movie. We were the only ones that stayed to watch the whole movie. The wife or mother of the family drove us home. Another thing that I learned is that for lunch and dinner they always finish their meals with soup. I have soup at lunch all the time but they also have it for dinner too. It was nice they have a beautiful view of the city out side their porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment