Sunday, January 10, 2010

Teacher Andrea :) who looks like Shirley Temple with brown hair

Well I have been in Hualien Taiwan for a week :)

My hair has taken a costumed to the humidity and rain so I have the tight curls in my hair. The start of every class I say Good Morning Class and they say Good Morning Teacher Andrea We love you !!!! I tell them I love you too!!! And hold the peace sign they laugh it is big thing here :) what a week getting to know all the children and their names!!! Trying to discover what they know and don’t know only just the start of journey over the next six months. I love the kids there are three classes 3 three year olds 4 year olds and 5 year olds. This is a day in my world … I am just starting to sleep through the night.. and not wake up the middle of the night a great start to begin. So I start about 6 to 6:30 and turn on the switch for warm water.. You need to wait 10 to 15 minutes to then you have warm water for a shower it’s wonderful !!! Then I read my scriptures pray and start my day;) breakfast has been eggs or toast and fruit. I start teaching at 9:00 am there are three classrooms green, orange and yellow. I teach in the orange first for 20 min. then I move to green and teach another 20 min and last to the yellow. The order I route is 5 year olds 4 then 3. then I have a 40 minute break while they play. Then I go to the orange classroom and stay for an hour and half. I am going to teach language arts to the kidos. So I have each class 30 minutes this time 5 year olds then 3 year old and then 4 year olds. Then it’s lunch time !!! I help get the tables set up and part of their bed cots with sleeping bags or blankets etc.. I eat what they have cooked and it all tastes great curry, noodles, fried rice, dumplings. The children eat and then take naps. We take a break too!!! This week it was planning and preparing.. Then you teach a mix of all the ages for 45 minutes twice. And then you are done for that part of the day :)
My first week has been very rainy pouring down as I went to sleep many nights. The kids were not able to go outside and play three of the five days so they had tramped up energy. The sounds that I go to sleep hearing dogs and more dogs trash trucks that sound like the ice cream truck coming and fireworks and sometimes planes.

No comments:

Post a Comment